Aamir Khan is one of the most popular superstar actors in India. Apart from acting Aamir Khan is a producer, Director, Television Host, Writer. Known to be the Mr Perfectionist, Aamir Khan has made a huge impression amongst his fans and movie lovers in India and all over the world with his acting skills and creativity. Aamir was born on 14 March 1965. His father Tahir Hussain was a film Producer. From childhood, he has always aspired to become an actor. In the year 1973, he first appeared as a child actor in the movie Yaadon Ki Baaraat. In the movie Qayamat se Qayamat Tak (1988) and Raakh for which he also won National Award, He established himself as one of the emerging talents in the film industry. His work was admired in all quarters. His fan following became huge after he gave Hit movies like Dil(1990), Raja Hindustani(1996) and Sarforosh(1999). Under his production he made super hit movies like Lagaan, that won many awards including getting nominated for Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. His movies Fanaa, Rang De Basanti and 3 Idiots become huge hits in Box office and broke all records to become blockbusters. He made his directorial venture in his movie Taare Zameen Par, which became a Huge success and critics liked it for it’s out of the box presentation. In 2013, He made Dhoom 3 then PK and Dangal, a movie based on Wrestling Phogat family became huge hits and won many awards.
Check Out our Other Celebrities Bios:
|His/Her Bio and Stats|
|Name||Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Nick Name||Mr. Perfectionist, The Choco Boy|
|Physical Appearance & More|
|Height||in cms- 168 cm
meters- 1.68 m
Feet- 5’ 6”
|Weight||Kilogram- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth (DOB)||14 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Sun Sign(Zodiac Sign)||Pisces|
|Hometown||Aamir Khan's father was from Bhopal and his mother was from Banaras but they used to live in Lucknow and their ancestors are from Shahabad (near Hardoi), Uttar Pradesh|
|School||J.B. Petit School, Mumbai
St. Anne's High School, Bandra, Mumbai
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai
|Academic Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||As a child actor: Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
As a lead actor: Holi (1984)
|Family Members||Father- Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
Mother- Zeenat Hussain
Brother- Faisal Khan (younger)
Sisters- Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan (both younger)
|Best Friend||Salman Khan, Sachin Tendulkar|
|Home & Address||Hill View Apartments, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Hobby(Things he/she loves to do)||Listening old music, Watching cricket, Doing social work|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Doing research for his work
Dislikes: Corruption, Liars
|Controversial Past||• Aamir Khan faced public insult when his own brother Faisal Khan blamed him of captivating him in the house and vigorously giving him pills saying that he is mentally ill. The stuff even reached the court and his guardianship was given to his father. However, his father gave the liability back to Aamir.
• Aamir had previously called Shahrukh Khan a dog while declaring that he had named his dog after him. He afterwards said that Shahrukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. Later he apologised to Shahrukh and his family by visiting Shahrukh’s home.
• In December 2015, he made a public statement that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant which was criticised by most people.
|Favourite Food||Mughlai & Baked Chicken (But he has turned into a pure vegetarian guy now)|
|Favourite Actor||Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis|
|Favourite Actress||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali|
|Favourite Sports||Tennis, Cricket|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Pyaasa (1957)|
|Favourite Song||Oh Re Taal Mile from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Lifestyle/ Girls/ Affairs/Breakups/Marriage/ Link-ups & more|
|Lifestyle/ Girls/ Affairs/Breakups/Marriage/ Link-ups & more||Reena Dutta, Kiran Rao|
|Spouse/Wife||1st Wife: Reena Dutta (divorced)
2nd Wife: Kiran Rao
|Marriage Date||1st Marriage: April 18, 1986
2nd Marriage: 28 December 2005
|Children||From 1st wife: Ira Khan (daughter), Junaid Khan (son)
From 2nd wife: Azad Rao Khan (son)
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom, Land Rover Range Rover SUV, BMW 6 series|
|Salary||60 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth/Total Assets||$300 Million|
Facts you don’t Know About Aamir Khan
- He is from a family who fought the freedom fights.
- He doesn’t like awards and never attends award shows he believes if his audience loves his movie then he has earned everything.
- On his 50th birthday, Aamir Khan turned to vegetarian to support cruelty against animals
- He hates to bath and always avoids. This secret of him has been exposed by Zaira Wasim, his co-star in Dangal
- He appeared in Times list of 100 most influential people.
Before marrying Kiran Rao, He has been married to Reena Dutta(his ex-wife) for 14years. Their marriage was a love marriage.
- Aamir Khan has always followed Dr Badasaheb Ambedkar as his inspiration.
- Aamir Khan has received Padma Shri (2003)and Padma Bhushan(2010) Award from the Government.
- His movie Lagaan was nominated for Oscars, Dangal won best Asian film award at Australia’s 7th AACTA Awards and also won best movie of the year and top foreign actor from China’s Durban Film Awards.